ASIP on Rinse France – Ed Isar invite A Strangely Isolated Place
A big thanks to Ed Isar for inviting me to contribute a mix to his Rinse FM show. Ed is behind the Musique Pour La Danse label (recently reissuing Coil and rEAGENZ albums amongst others), as well as the brilliant Tursiops label.
Below is the text sent along to accompany the show and introduce the rough idea behind it.
I’m a father to two young boys, so finding time to dedicate to a vinyl mix is tough, but I found myself inspired to get behind the decks late one evening and see what would happen. My only intention was that I wanted to include a couple of upcoming releases (test presses) from the label somehow but they are almost the outliers in the set style-wise., so I had to work around them a little. It ended up quite dark, very deep, and pitch-bent, with a few good crackles for good measure and moments I am sure people will be familiar with.
Listen to the mix below or on Soundcloud, with Ed taking the reigns for the first half and some lovely vibes to set up my darker piece!
Rinse France · Ed Isar invite A Strangely Isolated Place – 10 Juin 2022
01. Enkai Ohakosh – Unknown
02. Avont – Non-Brio Interlude [Residence Records] (2021)
03. Off And Gone – Uncle Mike’s Beard [Isla] (1994)
04. Unreleased (A Strangely Isolated Place)
05. 3.11 – Reduktion [PRS] (2021)
06. J.S Veiter – Untitled [Expanding Vision] (2022)
07. Flying Fish Ambience – Monuments in Easter Island [Hospital Productions] (2021)
08. Joachim Spieth – Hyde [Affin] (2021)
09. Muziekkamer – Op Zee [Stroom] (2021)
10. Anatolian Weapons – An Afterthought [Dispari] (2021)
11. Tomas Jirku – Entropy8 [Silent Season] (2020)
12. The KLF – Last Train To Trancentral (Mu D. Vari-Speed Version) [Arista] (1991)
13. Being – Space Again [Firecracker Recordings] (2021)
14. James Bernard – UW07 (A Strangely Isolated Place) (2021)
15. Unreleased (A Strangely Isolated Place)